Gerber Downrange Tomahawk
The triple function axe head enables limitless abilities when times call for destruction and mayhem. This tool is the right one for the job, guaranteed. Destroying barriers, busting through doorways and walls, or just chopping some wood are all easy tasks with Gerber's amazing tactical tomahawk. The design is deceivingly simple, with no moving parts and made from the best materials, you can count in this item to last through the ages. Let's break down the main components that make the Downrange Tomahawk such an effective weapon of immediate destruction.
This component tackles what Gerber refers to as a "3-tiered approach" to tactical breaching.
- Beveled edge smashes through walls and doors leaving nothing but splinters to remain.
- Hammer on the back of the axe head functions as... well, a hammer. Use this for more 'delicate' tasks.
- Pry bar at the end of the handle removes nails, pegs, screws and other anchors that get in your way. The top of the tomahawk has a cutaway handle section to manipulate the pry bar safely.
More needs to be said about this feature... 75 years of force collaboration and physics have united to make this tool exceptionally hefty and functional. The ax head handle gives you all the right amount of leverage you need to pry out anything you want.
Packs Like a Pro
The sheath is as practical as the tool itself. This item obviously doesn't fit into your pocket, so much thought has gone in to how this item is to be carried. What Gerber came up with is a MOLLE compatible sheath! Stealing ideas from the military now! But, it's all for your benefit as it allows the Downrange Tomahawk to attach to your pack or belt.
- Desert tan G-10 scales on handle
- 420HC steel body with Cerakote
- MOLLE compatible sheath
- Triple threat Axe head with integrated prying handle, pry bar, and hammer head.
- Gerber's limited lifetime warranty!
- Made in USA - Portland, Oregon.
Field Test Reviews:
"Great addition to my heavy duty pack and love that it's MOLLE compatible."
"Excellent tool, pleased with the quality. The G10 handle has bit of an edge so I wrapped in paracord. Sheath could be a little bigger and snaps are attached with rubber/vinyl which is 'ok'. All in all, at least a 4 out of 5, even for the price."
"Would be great for backpacking if it was a little smaller. More of an at-home type of tool of for serious RVing."
"Not a bad deal for a Police Zombie Hunter"